Some individuals know from the moment they first sit in a race car that driving is their destiny, or at least what they desire most; for Frank Seder this was NOT the case. As a matter of fact, when the young farm boy from Alger, Michigan first sat in a car at a “Kids Night” event at American Legion Speedway (West Branch, Michigan); the first thing he said was, “Who would want to race a car?!! It’s way too hot in there”. Thankfully, by 1977 Franks childhood impression had changed, and he has been putting a smile on the faces of Michigan race fans ever since. Over the past 30-years Frank has amassed over 100 feature victories earning him the nickname of the “Flyin’ Farmer”.
In addition to wins, Frank has also become one of the most highly respected dirt Late Model drivers in Michigan history. This 2007 Michigan Auto Racing Fan Club (MARFC) driver of the year has an impressive list of racing stats including:
- Standish Speedway (MI) Sportsman Division track championship (1980)
- Mini-Mud Slinger Sportsman Event Winner at Auto City Speedway (MI) (1980)
- Won 7 of 8 Sportsman division events at Volusia Co. Speedway (FL) “Speedweeks” (1981)
- 14 Merritt Speedway (MI) Late Model division track championships – (1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2007).
- Auto City Speedway (MI) Late Model division track champion (1985). Won all but 2 events enroute to $10,000 championship title.
- MSPA (Michigan Speedways Promoters Assn.) Late Model series championship (1990)
- Mansfield Raceway $10,000 to win Late Model event victor (1993)
- 2-Time Oakshade Raceway (OH) Barney Oldfield Memorial race winner (1993 & 1997)
- 8-Time Wood-Tic 100 race winner (Merritt Speedway)
- Voted Michigan Racing Scenes “Favorite Late Model Driver” (2005)
- Voted Merritt Speedways “Fan Favorite” (2006)
- Named MARFC “Driver of The Year” (2007)
Since beginning his Late Model Career in 1981 Frank has competed at 19 different speedways across the Midwest including; Auto City Speedway (MI), Cherry Speedway (MI), Crystal Motor Speedway, (MI), Galesburg Speedway (MI), I-96 Speedway (MI), Ionia Fairgrounds (MI), Mansfield Raceway (OH), Merritt Speedway (MI), Mt. Pleasant Speedway (MI), Oakshade Raceway (OH), Onaway Speedway (MI), Owosso Speedway (MI), Silver Bullet Speedway (MI), Spartan Speedway (MI), Standish Speedway (MI), Thunderbird Racepark (MI), Tri-City Motor Speedway (MI), Whittemore Speedway (MI), and Winston Motor Speedway (MI). There is very little that can keep the “Flyin’ Farmer” out of a race car. In the 2007 season Frank broke his leg while tending cows. Two days later he was back behind the wheel of a race car and won the prestigious Wood-Tic 100 at Merritt Speedway (MI), a memory that will remain one of Franks fondest for some time to come.